That’s right, you can now manage all your users, in all your sites, from a single page – You can change their email address, change their password, assign different roles/permissions and much more!
mySites.guru is an award winning service that lets you manage UNLIMITED Joomla, WordPress and other PHP based websites for a single set fee of just GBP19.99 per month – we are often adding new features, some small, some larger.
The idea behind Universal User Management
We get it. You are busy running your digital agency, and the customer phones you, disturbing your day, and says they cannot login, they have forgotten their password.
Before using mySites.guru you would have to go to their website, remember your own credentials, login, find their user account and reset their password, and then tell them what you changed it to.
Now with mySites.guru Universal User Management you can
- Go to https://manage.mysites.guru/en/universal_user_management/ (Of course you are already logged into mySites.guru and you can find this link in the left menu (or just hit shift twice on the keyboard!)
- search for their name, or email address
- Click edit next to their user account
- change their password
- click save – DONE
STEP ONE – Search
STEP TWO – Select one or more user objects found from your 1000s of sites OR click the edit button to edit one user specifically
You have a member of your digital agency staff leave – maybe on bad terms – and you want to search all your customers sites to see which sites they have access to – now you can do that, you can search for their name or email address – and get back a list of sites that they have user accounts on.
You can then block that user, or for now just set a new password for them – that works too.
You want to change the name of a user who has recently got married, they want their new surname on all their accounts – yup that’s possible across 100s of sites in one go!
You want to change the permissions/role of a user – across all sites
You just want the ability to search all users on all sites for a specific hackers account, or a specific name or email domain name? – yup you can do that too!
I can’t list them all – but our beta users have found this feature to be rock solid and they love it – but this is only the start, we wanted to release this early so that you could use it, while we invest more time in the upcoming enhancements
What’s coming soon?
- The ability to block a user (WordPress has no concept of blocking a user, so we need to roll our own!)
- The ability to remove Two Factor Authentication/Multi-Factor Authentication from a Joomla User
- Retrieval of Two Factor Authentication/Multi-Factor Authentication backup codes from a Joomla User so that you can provide your customer with a one-time-only login so they can reenable 2fa/Mfa.
- Ability to login as ANY user on ANY SITE – (You can already do this with mySites.guru AutoLogin on by selecting the user on the settings tab!)
- And much more… If you have a use case then let me know!